This class explores the rhetorical, ethical, stylistic, and technical principles of creating personal, observational, and ethnographic narratives through visual and digital productions, including videos, slide shows, graphic-intensive websites, podcasts, and comics.
Students in this class will
- Apply basic rhetorical and creative principles in the construction of digital texts for the purposes of persuading, entertaining, and informing a variety of audiences.
- Identify the ethical and social responsibilities of the researcher and composer.
- Conduct effective primary research to gather information and understand how to treat their human subjects ethically and humanely with regards to their use of this information.
- Produce digital texts that conform to copyright and fair use laws.
- Use various software programs to edit images, audio, and video.
- Make use of at least two online platforms for publicizing digital stories.