First page header:
- Protestors stand in front of police. A police officer looks at the camera.
- Header: Protestors stand in front of police cars holding hands as a sign of unity.
- First picture is a Black Lives Matter mural with images of those who lost their lives to police brutality, such as George Floyd.
- Video tells the stories of those who lost their lives to police brutality, such as Michael Brown.
- The first picture on the left at the bottom is a protestor holding up a sign saying “Hands up, don’t shoot”.
- The second picture on the left at the bottom is of a protestor holding his hands up in front of police in riot gear.
- The right picture at the bottom is of protestors with signs saying “ how many weren’t filmed?”, “white silence is black death”, “am I next?”, and “black futures matter”.
- All graphs included are survey results from the survey I created for this project.
Selma-to-Montgomery March aka Bloody Sunday:
- Header: protestors with a sign saying “we march with Selma”
- First picture: protestors are beaten by police with billy clubs.
- Second picture: protestors are forced to surrender and kneel before police.
- Third picture: police cars are lined up alongside police to stop the march.
- Video: one of Martin Luther King’s most famous speeches.
- Fourth picture (on the left): Martin Luther King marches alongside his wife and protestors.
- Fifth picture (on the left): Martin Luther King is pictured giving his famous speech.
- Sixth picture (on the right): Martin Luther King marches and chats with protestors.
- Header: picture of protestors holding a sign saying “Justice for Trayvon”.
- First picture (on the left): A picture of Trayvon Martin.
- Second picture (on the right): a young boy holding a sign saying “I am Trayvon Martin”.
- Third picture (on the right): Protestors holding a sign saying “Solidarity”.
- First video (on left): the 911 call between George Zimmerman and dispatch.
- Fourth picture (on the right): George Zimmerman
- Second video: the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s death is read aloud and George Zimmerman is found not guilty.
- Fifth picture (on the right): a Black Lives Matter sign on cardboard.
- Sixth picture (on the left): Black Lives Matter is painted on the road.
- Bottom pictures: all pictures of protestors holding signs relating to justice for Trayvon Martin.
- Header: a “Justice for Michael Brown” sign is held by marchers.
- First picture: Michael Brown’s graduation picture.
- Second picture: Officer Darren Wilson who has been accused of firing the fatal shots.
- First video: Officer Wilson explains his account for the night of Michael Brown’s murder and claims he did everything right.
- Third picture: Rapper J. Cole
- Fourth picture: Michael Brown’s family weeps as a drawing of Michael sits next to them.
- Second video: The song “Be Free” by J. Cole which was created in response to Michael’s death.
- Header: Tamir Rice’s burial site.
- First picture: Tamir Rice
- Second picture: protestors holding signs relating to the corrupt criminal justice system.
- First video: Surveillance video showing the moments leading up to Tamir’s death.
- Second video: angry protestors reacting to lack of charges brought against the officers involved.
- Header: an image of Sandra with “I can’t breathe” and other sayings behind her.
- First picture: Sandra Bland
- Second picture: former officer Brian Encinia
- First video: shows camera footage from the police dashcam of the arrest of Sandra Bland and explains why Brian Encinia was fired.
- Second video: shows cell phone footage from Sandra’s phone of the arrest and discusses the failures happening inside the prison that lead to Sandra’s death.
- Header: a mural painted for George Floyd with the words “I can’t breathe” around him.
- First picture: George Floyd
- First video: bodycam footage leading up to George Floyd’s death.
- Second picture: The four officers involved in George Floyd’s murder.
- Second video: Derek Chauvin, responsible for Floyd’s murder, listens to the charges against him and his sentencing to 22.5 years in prison.
- Bottom pictures: all pictures of protestors holding signs saying “I/We can’t breathe”.
- Header: a mural painted for Breonna with flowers laying nearby.
- First picture: Breonna Taylor
- First video: goes into detail about what exactly happened the night of Breonna Taylor’s murder.
- Second video: relates to the lack of charges brought against the officers involved and how upsetting and frustrating it was for her family.
“Defund the Police” Movement:
- Header: a protestor holds a sign saying “defund the police”
- Video: goes into detail of what exactly it would mean to defund the police.
- First picture: a collage of pictures pieced together stating that “America needs change”.
- Second picture: an ice cream “party” with bowls representing the different areas funding could go into if police were defunded, such as mental-health counseling, education, job training, etc.
- Header: Black Lives Matter banner held during a protest.
- Video: a poem read regarding Black Lives Matter
- Picture: a list of the victims who have died at the hands of police.