Course – RHE 330c: Multimedia – Remaking Invention
Instructor – Justin Hodgson
Semester – Spring 2010
School – The University of Texas at Austin
AUDIO PROJECT – COURSE TIMELINE
(Class met for 75 minute class periods, twice a week)
Day 1 :: 2/2/!0 (Tuesday)
– The project and its components were assigned/introduced to the class. Also, I provided a brief introduction to sites for audio files and/or suggestions for sampling audio from video.
Day 2 :: 2/4/10 (Thursday)
– Audio Editing – Part 1: Introducing the Basics
> Worked with GarageBand and Audacity
Day 3 :: 2/9/10 (Tuesday)
– Audio Editing – Part 2: Studio
> Revisit highlights of using software. Assisted projects on an “as-needed” basis. Checked with
students as to their progress and project focus (topics).
Day 4 :: 2/11/10 (Thursday)
– Workshops & Editing (Drafts due in class)
> Peer-reviewed projects; discussed additional editing techniques for specific effects; students
worked on revising projects.
Day 5 :: 2/16/10 (Tuesday)
– Collected projects and reflection papers.